1. What food safety procedures do you have in place in your restaurants?
We conduct at least 72 safety checks and procedures in our restaurants. eg. we use different coloured gloves when handling raw and cooked foods and take temperatures of products and equipment at least twice a day.
2. How does McDonald’s® ensure food safety?
From the farms and oceans to our counters, we are renowned for upholding one of the highest food safety and quality standards in the world. In addition, on a daily basis, every restaurant conducts at least 72 safety checks.
3. How often do you clean the grills?
The grills are cleaned after every use. In addition, every 24 hours, the grill will be shut down and thoroughly cleaned.
4. What type of oil do you use for frying?
We began to use Canola Blend oil to fry our products in our Singapore restaurants in October 2014.
5. How often do you change the oil in your fryer?
Our oil is checked and filtered daily, and changed at regular intervals depending on the volume of the restaurant. Oil is checked regularly to ensure the quality of food cooked is not compromised.
6. What do you do with the used oil?
Our used oil is collected and passed on to AVA and NEA-approved recycling companies.
7. What kind of meat do you use in your McChicken® and Chicken McNuggets®?
We use a blend of white and dark meat in McChicken. 100% white meat is used in our Chicken McNuggets.
8. Where do your eggs come from? Do you wash them before use?
The Grade AA, lower cholesterol eggs we use are sourced locally. All eggs are washed, sanitised and oiled before reaching our restaurants.
9. Is the food served at all Singapore McDonald’s restaurants certified Halal?
Yes, all McDonald's restaurants in Singapore received Halal certification from MUIS (The Islamic Religious Council of Singapore). The regulatory body approved McDonald's food for consumption by Muslims in 1992.
10. How does the quality of McDonald’s food compare to the food I serve at home?
Many of the items we serve at McDonald's are from trusted suppliers. We only purchase from trusted sources from around the world.
11. What type of milk do you use in your desserts?
Our cold desserts use milk-based solids and include vegetable oil.
12. I am a vegetarian. What foods can I eat at McDonald’s?
The French fries and hashbrowns served at McDonald's are cooked in Canola Blend oil. We also offer corn cup and apple slices and gladly accommodate requests for customised orders without meat (eg. without beef, chicken or fish).
13. Are McDonald’s french fries suitable for vegetarians?
The French fries and hashbrowns served at McDonald's are cooked in Canola Blend oil.
14. Why are your Apple Slices so crunchy even though they’re cut? Do you use preservatives?
Only Vitamin C is added to our Apple Slices.
15. Can McDonald’s food be part of a healthy, balanced diet?
McDonald's varied menu and range of serving sizes make it easy to fit our food into a balanced diet and to create a range of meal combinations that fall within recommended guidelines for calories, fat and other nutrients. Customers can gain easy access to nutritional information on our food at this link, in-restaurant traymats and leaflets.
16. Does McDonald’s offer any lighter meal options?
We are delighted to share that McDonald's offers a range of lighter options on our Delight 500 menu. Meals on this menu are below or around 500 calories per meal. We have a Delight 500 menu for both breakfast and regular hours. To find out more about our Delight 500 menu, please visit this link.
17. Do you offer any salads?
Yes, we are always looking at ways to make things better, we introduced our Grilled Chicken Salad featuring skinless chicken served on a bed of fresh vegetables with roasted sesame dressing. You may also opt for our Garden Side Salad which has a blend of fresh green lettuce and mixed vegetable, tomato and sweet corn.
18. Does McDonald’s serve all-day breakfast?
No, McDonald's Singapore does not serve all-day breakfast. Breakfast hours are from 4am to 11am on weekdays and 4am to 12pm on weekends.
19. Can I order a regular item like Chicken McNuggets or Apple Pie during breakfast period?
The ingredients and kitchen equipment used for breakfast and regular menus are different. Thus, we are unable to serve regular products during breakfast hours.
20. What type of muffins does McDonald’s serve during breakfast?
At McDonald's, we use wholegrain muffins for our breakfast menu items. Each wholegrain muffin contains 8g of wholegrain, which provides half a serving of whole-grains.
21. Why are certain items (i.e. McGriddles and Chicken McGrill) being taken out of the menu?
At McDonald’s, we are committed to delighting our customers with a variety of quality food choices at great value. As such, we continually evaluate our menu and make adjustments according to customer demand and new menu development plans.
22. Why is there a price difference for the same menu between store A and store B?
We aim to offer great-tasting food at great value to our customers. Prices may vary slightly between different restaurants due to a number of factors, including differing cost of running a business at different locations. It is not uncommon therefore that some F&B establishments and supermarkets also adopt the same practice.
23. How can I add more fibre to my meal at McDonald’s?
You may request for more veggies in your meal or swap out your French fries to a nutritious corn cup, all at no extra cost. Delicious apple slices are also available at at $2.50 a la carte or just $1 with an Extra Value Meal™ purchase.